Youth in Macao 
To study materialistic values of adolescents in Macao.
Place of the study
A probability sample of 469 secondary school students 12 to 20 years old.
- A number of secondary schools were selected by random sampling.
- The sampled schools delivered a structured questionnaire randomly to one class of form 1 students and one class of form 5 students.
- Data on the subjects’ materialistic values, interpersonal communication pattern, social comparison, media usage and self-esteem was collected.
- Materialism was measured by the ten-item Youth Materialism Scale.
- Chan, K. (2013). Development of materialistic values among children and adolescents. Young Consumers, 14(3), 244–247.