Children in Hong Kong 
To study materialistic values of children in Hong Kong.
Place of the study
A convenience sample of 246 elementary school students 6 to 13 years old.
- A survey based on a structured questionnaire was conducted.
- Data on the subjects’ materialistic values, the perceived functions of advertising, the perceived truthfulness of advertising and whether they liked advertising was collected.
- Materialism was measured by a scale of 14 items developed by Heerey et al. (2002)*.
- Chan, K. (2003). Materialism among Chinese children in Hong Kong. International Journal of Advertising & Marketing to Children, 4(4), 47–61.
- Heerey, C., Hunt, S., Lukey-Smith, A., & Winter, S. (2002). Advertising to children and materialism: A comparative study between England and Sweden (Unpublished final year undergraduate project). The University of Exeter, Exeter.