HOME > Raw Data and Drawings > Surveys > Children in Macao 
Children in Macao 
To study materialistic values of children in Macao.
Place of the study
A probability sample of 198 elementary school students 8 to 14 years old.
- A number of elementary schools were selected by random sampling.
- The sampled schools delivered a structured questionnaire randomly to one class of grade 4 students.
- Data on the subjects’ materialistic values, interpersonal communication pattern, social comparison, media usage and self-esteem was collected.
- Materialism was measured by the ten-item Youth Materialism Scale.
- Chan, K. (2013). Development of materialistic values among children and adolescents. Young Consumers, 14(3), 244–247.